1. Get behind the scenes at the National Zoo &
Aquarium with a Zooventure or Family tour. Help feed animals, look a big cat in the eye or
hand-feed a giraffe or bear.
2. Explore the world in miniature at Cockington
Green Gardens . Take a ride on the pint-sized
steam train, get lost in the maze and see the
highly detailed small-scale buildings and
mechanised exhibits just waiting for the kids to
bring them to life with their imaginations.
3. Have a roarsome time in The National
Dinosaur Museum’s landscaped Dinosaur
Garden complete with life-like models.
4. Feed giraffes from your balcony, or watch
lemurs at play at Jamala Wildlife Lodge, an
incredible overnight encounter within the
National Zoo & Aquarium.
5. Active families can take a hike or ride a bike
around Stromlo Forest Park, venue of the
2009 World Mountain Bike Championships.
6. Take in the city’s top sites on the back of a trike
with Canberra Cruisin’ Trike Tours.