Everything to know about this year’s Sydney Royal Easter Show!
What kid doesn't love the Easter Show? There’s food on sticks, rides a plenty, animals in abundance – so well trained you’ll be left speechless, dazzling shows and fireworks displays and lots of goodies, games and showbags to enjoy.
Now, that exciting time of year has rolled around once again, and here’s a guide to get you thinking about all you’ll need to make this year a memorable one.
When is it on?
26 March to 8 April 2015
The showbag pavilion is always a highlight of the show – particularly for young ones. In 2015, they've released the biggest number of showbags EVER! With a total of 349 bags to choose from, 136 of which cost under $10, chances are you’ll find plenty to tempt your family.
Top 3 tips for showbag buying:
1. Jump online www.eastershow.com.au and plan – each of the 349 Showbags on offer are listed here, plus you can compile your own Showbag wish list to print out.
2. Know your budget – with over 136 Showbags for $10 and under, there is a Showbag to suit every family budget. You can still buy a Showbag for just $1!
3. Save the best until last – visit the Showbag Pavilion at the end of the day, so you don‟t have to carry your loot around. Or if you can‟t wait, hire a locker, there are some available just outside the Showbag Pavilion.
Top 10 Showbags in 2015 (random order)
Shaun the Sheep ($22)
Peppa Pig-George ($25)
Bertie Beetle Blue ($2)
Western Sydney Wanderers ($25)
Sukin Pamper Pack ($25)
Dora The Explorer #2 ($25)
Wagon Wheel ($8)
Maltesers® Super Bag ($10)
Top 5 Showbags $10 and under (random order)
Blinky Bill Bag ($1)
Milky Bar (Nestle Bargain Range) ($5)
Glow Showbag ($10)
Monster 100 in 1 ($10)
Fruit Tingles (Nestle Bargain Range) ($5)
Australia’s 134,000 farms produce almost 93 per cent of the food we eat every day and the Show provides opportunities for show-goers to learn all about how it gets from farms to our homes.
This year there is expected to be 14,000 animals calling the Show home across the two weeks, and they are always a huge hit with children. If your kids are animal-mad, be sure to:
1. Check out the animal pavilions
2. Visit the Farmyard Nursery
3. Feed a baby animal
4. Say “G’day” to the friendly farmers
Other ‘must see’ agricultural attractions in 2015 include:
1. District Exhibits: 50,000 pieces of fruit constructed specially to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the ANZAC's Gallipoli landing
2. Food Farm: Get kids cooking with hands-on opportunities for kids
3. The Working Dairy: Watch how milk goes from a farmer’s cow to your fridge!
4. The Stables: Home of the Natural Fibre showcase
A HUGE number of activities: Wash a chicken, pat a pig and see four-horned sheep!
6. Sheep: Watch a professional sheerer clip a sheep in record time.
Family Showlink tickets are available online for just $99.50 if you get them before Monday 16 March (midnight is the absolute last cut off). This price even includes same-day return public transport! After 16 March, the price will jump up a little to $114.20.
If you don’t think you can fit all the fun into just one day, you can pre-purchase a ShowLink 2 Day ticket... and keep in mind that 8 April (the last day of the show) is Kids’ Day at the Show, which means all child tickets are half price (only $12).
Online you’ll also find great eVoucher deals for reserved seats, meal deals and tasting plates. Check out the ticket section of the Easter Show for more details.
This year, ShowLink tickets won't be available for purchase on train stations or Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses. However, same-day return public transport is still included in the cost of every ShowLink ticket.