What to pack
Here are a few must-haves in your bag:
• Separate carry-on bag – this is in case your suitcase doesn’t arrive early enough, having a small carry-on with clothes, swimmers and medication will be a life saver.
• Clothing options – most cruises have areas with dress codes, make sure you take note of the events that will happen during your stay. The best way to prepare is to have enough options to cover a range of events – casual, smart casual, cocktail dresses, eveningwear (ball gowns for the ladies, penguin suits for the gentlemen) and possibly a costume for dress up theme nights.
• Money – you will find ATMs on board but it’s always safest to have some cash on you at all times, as well as your cards. Make sure to take low-denomination notes for shore excursions.
• On-shore pack –a small backpack including hand sanitiser, anything needed for daily activities, shoes, jumper, water and snacks.
• What NOT to bring – generally all cruises will supply each guest with a beach towel, bath robe, hairdryer, iron, laundry detergent and travel adapter (double check with specific cruises on that last one).